Mineral Development Advisor
Full-Time • Timmins Region
POSITION: Mineral Development Advisor
COMPETITION #: 2019-039
LOCATION: Timmins, ON
CLOSING DATE: October 22, 2019 (4:00 PM EST)
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Amendments to Ontario’s Mining Act have introduced new regulatory requirements at early exploration stages of the mining sequence (plans and permits). These requirements include formal notice and consultation with Aboriginal communities whose rights may be adversely affected by proposed mineral exploration activities. Information about early exploration projects will require review and comment within certain prescribed timelines.
Mushkegowuk Council is supporting Mushkegowuk First Nations in the Plans and Permit process. Under the supervision of the Lands & Resources Director and as a member of the Lands & Resources team, the incumbent will support the Mushkegowuk First Nations in their responses to mining exploration issues.
· Familiarity with ESRI GIS software and GPS units is an asset
· Good writing skills - for documentation, training, processing and report writing
· Knowledge and skill using computer hardware, software and printers
· Organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as attention to detail
· Ability to speak Cree is considered a valuable asset
· Willingness to travel extensively to Mushkegowuk First Nations
· Knowledge of the culture of First Nations, along with an understanding of their aspirations, socio-economic needs, stewardship values, and history
· Knowledge of the mineral exploration and development sequence and its challenges and opportunities
· Technical knowledge and expertise with regard to mineral exploration methods, terminology, etc.
· Strong communication and facilitation skills.
· Valid (class G) Ontario driver’s licence
· Ability to work as part of a team, and communicate effectively with a diversity of people including First Nation staff and members
Job Description available upon request
SUBMIT RESUME AND THREE (3) RECENT WORK REFERENCES, quoting
Competition# 2019-039 by no later than October 22, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. to:
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 370
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Resumes can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 705-658-2293