Nurse practitioner - Regional Eating Disorders Program
Full-Time • Timmins Region
POSITION SUMMARY:To provide quality care to clients registered with the Regional Eating Disorders Progam the NP will provide clinical leadership and collaborative practice with all care providers in the program. The NP will work closely to develop and offer a Regional Intensive Day Treatment Program (Level 3). The NP will assist in assessments, treatment and consultation where required.
- The NP will provide screening, assessment and intervention to clients registered to the Regional Eating Disorders Program in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary healthcare team, community service providers and families. The successful candidate will be providing comprehensive patient centered care and hand over to appropriate level of care and/or primary care provider/pediatrician.
- Provide skilled mental health nursing by establishing and maintaining a caring therapeutic relationship, which focuses on the needs of the patients.
- Collaborate with the health care team to provide goal directed interventions and to reach identified client outcomes.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with individuals and community organizations that provide services to the client.
- Demonstrates leadership, delegating tasks appropriately, acting as a role model, mentor and resource person.
- Registered Nurse Extended Class License currently registered with the College of Nurses Ontario required.
- Knowledge and competence in ACLS/PALS current within last two years
- Current CPR.
- Minimum 2 years recent experience working as a Nurse Practitioner
- Expertise in collaborating with external agencies and community partners
- Demonstrated ability to be self directed and establish effective relationships with patients, families, physicians and interdisciplinary team members
skills in interpersonal communication (both written and oral)
demonstrated ability to prioritize fluctuating workload demands
- demonstrated ability to prioritize fluctuating workload demands
- Demonstrated knowledge base in Eating Disorders with relevant clinical competence.
- Must possess the ability to provide effective services to clients/patients in both English and French. Individuals who do not meet the language requirements of this posting are invited to submit their resumé for future consideration.
Interested applicants must submit their résumé by Department of Human Resources, Timmins and District Hospital, 700 Ross Avenue East, Timmins, Ontario, P4N 8P2. Telephone (705) 267-6371; Fax (705) 360-6008; Attention: Kayla Kampman, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Timmins and District Hospital will provide accommodations for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
TADH is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment supporting diversity in our work environment to provide quality care where all feel valued, respected, and supported. TADH is dedicated to building a workforce reflective of the communities in which we live, serve, and encourage Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities to apply and self‑identify.
We thank all applicants for their response; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WORKING TOGETHER WITH OUR PARTNERS TO IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF NORTHERNERS