Occupational Health Representative
Contract • Timmins Region
Northern Sun Mining Corp. is currently accepting applications for the contract position of Occupational Health Representative at the Redstone Mill starting July 2020. This position is for a three-month term, with the possibility of a three-month extension. Hours will vary between 20-40 hours a week.
The successful candidate’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, and responsible for securing and developing all records, necessary field monitoring equipment and programs related to occupational health services;
- Establish, manage, and provide field support for occupational health initiatives;
- Responsible for record keeping on all personnel medical lab testing and performing key monitoring parameters for COVID 19 examinations on personnel;
- Reporting any non-compliance of employees’ personal protective equipment to management;
- Prepare reports of plant air quality measurements and workers exposure to designated substances
- Primary contact for relevant Regulatory Authorities;
- Assist and advise supervisors and workers with health and safety related issues;
- This role will report directly to the Site Manager;
- Additional duties as assigned by the Site Manager.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an Occupational Health role in the mining industry or industrial environment;
- College or University degree in health sciences is an asset;
- Working knowledge of pertinent Provincial and Federal regulatory requirements;
- Discretion, judgement and ability to deal with highly confidential information;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong organizational and administrative skills;
- Experience and comfort using MS Office Programs – Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Forward Resumes to:
Northern Sun Mining Corp.
Attn: Human Resources
South Porcupine ON P0N 1H0