PART-TIME RPNs (Golden Manor Home for the Aged) (Competition No.: GM-2021-26)
Part-Time • Timmins Region
Under the direction of the Director of Care, and reporting to the Assistant Director of Care and working under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, the RPN enhances the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, and Long-Term Care Standards. The successful applicant will function as a team leader for unregulated care providers in a long-term care home. This position involves medication delivery; assessments; planning; implementing; evaluation of nursing care, and other assigned duties within the scope of a Registered Practical Nurse. Required to participate and support the City of Timmins Continuous Improvement Program in order to help foster a culture of operational excellence.
- New or experienced RPN holding a current CNO license;
- Proof of Professional Liability Protection required;
- A commitment to working with seniors, effective communication skills, and ability to work as a member of the interdisciplinary team are required;
- Demonstrated ability to assess residents and contribute to the implementation and review of resident care plans is considered an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to monitor health conditions; note changes in condition; and assess the need for further collaboration with a Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, or Physician is considered an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to organize and direct unit functions and activities related to the provision of resident care is considered an asset;
- Knowledge of the Long-Term Care Homes Act as well as general knowledge in Infection Control Practices are considered an asset;
- Bilingualism is considered an asset;
- Must be available to work all shifts;
- Ability to adhere to all infection prevention and control protocols and screening requirements;
- Current and clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screen required
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination mandatory.
SALARY RANGE: $29.64 to $30.91 per hour (2020) In accordance with CUPE Local 1140 Agreement.
must be received in the Human Resources Department by 4:00 pm on the closing date of October 29, 2021.
VIA E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Although we may have your application on file, you must re-apply for this specific competition. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. The City of Timmins is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. The City of Timmins will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Pour de l’information en français, veuillez appeler le 360-2600, poste 2312.