Casual • Timmins Region
The Personal Caregiver is responsible for providing homemaking, companionship, personal care or personal assistant services to clients and their families. The Personal Caregiver assists clients with activities of daily living as described in the care plan, and in accordance with all required internal and external standards of practice.
• Provide homemaking services including, but not limited to cleaning, cooking, laundry and general household management
• Provide companionship and/or accompany clients to activities and events in the community
• Provide personal care service according to directions on the care plan
• Ensures that the emotional, spiritual, physical comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent
• Provide assistance with client specific activities of daily living (personal assistance tasks)
• Perform specialized, client specific procedures for which recognized training and current competency can be demonstrated
• Observe and document client conditions according to company standards
• Understands and implements infection prevention practices.
• Complete other tasks as requested
Completion of formal, accredited caregiver training program and/or a combination of equivalent education and experience. Strong knowledge of the principles of caregiving as well as well as customer service.
At least one year of recent experience as a caregiver in a similar position or life experience in which similar duties were completed.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in either English or French. Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to stand, bend, squat, kneel and reach freely; able to lift 23 kilograms; demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal instructions as related to client care; able to travel locally from assignment to assignment