Full-Time • Timmins Region
Interpaving Limited is a privately held company which specializes in a diverse range of work in Civil Infrastructure including: road & pipe construction, aggregate production, concrete production, and hot mix asphalt production, equipment rentals, and construction management. Here at Interpaving Limited, we offer steady employment with a competitive compensation package based on experience.
Our growing team continuously seeks hard working and talented individuals who will have a positive impact to the construction community. We are currently seeking to have a Pipe Layer join our team.
The Pipe Layer is responsible for preparing and installing underground pipelines as well as assisting with other duties on the construction site as required.
- Two (2) years of related experience
- Ability to use tools and equipment required to perform the work (e.g. hand and power tools, etc.)
- Ability to handle weight up to 45kg (100lbs)
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System and best practices within areas of responsibility.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver's licence, have an acceptable driving record as well as having a means of transportation.
- Assembling, connecting, and constructing PVC, Concrete and Metal pipe systems
- Setting manholes and catch basins
- Benching and parging of manholes and catch basins
- Coaching labourers as required
- Install and repair storm, water, sanitary structures or pipe systems
- Verification of ground preparedness, level for slope and compaction to proper grades
- Align pipes to prepare them for connections
- Check slopes for conformance to requirements, using levels or lasers
- Perform other duties as required
Skills and Knowledge:
- 2 + years’ experience in pipe laying
- Time management and strategic planning
- Ability to read and interpret specifications, and drawings
- Organizational skills, attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Valid class G driver’s license
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Job Types: Full-time