Professor, Community Services (SSW)-Northern College- Timmins
Full-Time • Timmins Region
- Teach courses in the Social Service Worker program, and Addictions Counselor program
- Create a positive teaching and learning environment
- Use a variety of teaching/learning strategies in a multi-delivery mode setting
- Ensure program relevance by designing, revising, and updating courses
- Evaluate student achievement of learning outcomes with a variety of approaches and techniques
- Develop and revise appropriate learning resources
- Establish effective communication among students and colleagues
- Function as an effective team member
- 2-3 work days of travel to the Kirkland Lake Campus per month may be required
APPLICANTS MUST POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor of Social Work degree is required.
Social Service Worker diploma is an asset.
Member in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers is an asset.
Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Social Service Worker preferably at a management level with progressive experience and responsibility.
Teaching and/or training experience with evidence of demonstrated application of adult and distance learning principles, as well as teaching/assessment methodologies, curriculum design and development preferred.
Self-motivated problem solver with excellent communication, team building, leadership and computer skills.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit the Northern College website at: email@example.com
While we thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer