Program Coordinator for Link North – 28 month project Salary $61k per annum (Competition No. TEDC-2021-01)
Contract • Timmins Region
We are looking for a hardworking and creative person to join the Link North team. As the Program Coordinator you will be responsible for developing and implementing ongoing digital marketing strategies, coordinating various events and providing strong client support. You will play a direct role in building awareness of Link North’s programs and services among innovation ecosystem partners, entrepreneurs and businesses. As part of our dynamic team you will be enhancing economic development across our region by helping clients’ develop their business and scale operations.
About Link North
Link North is a bilingual Regional Innovation Centre that helps entrepreneurs and businesses Discover, Build, Launch and Grow. We work to strengthen innovation and partnerships across far northeast Ontario. Our flagship workshop series strengthens and develops entrepreneurial skills and capacities among our clients. Our BOOST funding program supports commercialization, and business start-up, improvements or expansion. Link North is co-located with the Timmins Economic Development Corporation, The Business Enterprise Centre and the Timmins and District Multicultural Centre. Together, we are a central contact for business and community needs.
Job activities will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Support the development and implementation of Link North’s marketing strategy
• Develop ideas for creative marketing campaigns, coordinate the creation of content, maintain a strong online presence across various platforms, track digital campaign progress and measure performance
• Plan and execute initiatives to reach target audiences through appropriate channels and platforms
• Stay up to date on digital marketing trends that are relevant to Link North’s programs and services
• Maintain Link North’s website, social media platforms and database systems
• Assist with building and maintaining strong relationships and networks amongst our regional ecosystem partner
• Provide strong client support by working closely with clients to assess applications, monitor their work plan targets, schedule ongoing meetings, prepare client correspondence and use a CRM to manage client data
• Coordinate workshops and events by arranging the marketing, logistics, speakers, registration, scheduling, etc.
• Work closely with, and under the direction of our Program & Service Manager
• Participate and contribute to Link North and TEDC team meetings
• Other duties as assigned
• Post-Secondary graduate with specialization in areas related to communications, marketing, business or a related field and/or equivalent work experience
• Solid knowledge of digital marketing methods utilizing social media and email marketing platforms to achieve measureable results
• Experience utilizing computers software applications including MS Office Suites, video conferencing and marketing software
• Experience with creative design software cloud-based tools and database software systems is an asset
• Top-notch communication skills specific to copy writing and editing as well as verbal communications and presentation skills
• Knowledgeable in regional economics and small to medium-sized businesses in the region
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently, as well as the ability to work well with other during conversations, projects meetings or other collaborations
• Creative thinker with an analytical mind
• Ability to effectively communicate in both English and French is an asset
Submit your resume, including details of your qualifications to the City of Timmins Human Resources Department by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date of January 27, 2021. This position is supported by FedNor Canada.
BY MAIL: 220 Algonquin Boulevard East, Timmins, ON P4N 1B3
VIA FAX: 705-360-2685
VIA E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 705-360-2628 www.timmins.ca
Although we may have your application on file, you must re-apply for this specific competition.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. The City of Timmins is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. The City of Timmins will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Pour de l’information en français, veuillez appeler le 360-2600, poste 2312.