Project Manager - Architecture
Full-Time • Timmins Region
We are seeking a Project Manager - Architecture to join our Northern Ontario practice. Based in Timmins our Northern Ontario team is actively engaged in the delivery of large, complex, and high-profile projects locally and regionally.
Architecture49 maintains a strategic business relationship with WSP, a global engineering consultancy. This provide enhanced opportunities for exposure to International projects and a wide range of multidisciplinary expertise. Further, WSP provides Architecture49 with a range of shared services, such as comprehensive benefits, training and corporate programs.
A day in the life:
- Participate in planning, management, and production of architectural technical documents and work packages including full interdisciplinary coordination;
- Monitor the timeliness and quality of architectural technical document submissions to the Client and other project stakeholders (end users, authorities having jurisdiction, etc.).;
- Direct the preparation of all architectural technical document packages and specifications, and related submittals for planning and obtaining approvals;
- Collaborate with architectural team members, engineering consultants, and specialist resources to ensure resources are coordinated and mobilized to perform the services;
- Assess the work performance of junior staff in accordance with Architecture49 and WSP policies/procedures and support their training and development;
- Participate in the preparation of project reports and status updates, as may be required;
- Lead and/or participate in regular project meetings and ensure that stakeholders are well informed on project progress and best efforts are exerted in meeting their needs;
- Ensure that the Project Plans and Schedules are prepared and managed;
- Assist leadership to ensure required resources are assigned to the project and clearly tasked;
- Provide technical and administrative oversight to ensure that both the internal and external Client needs are met and that the projects are delivered within cost, quality and schedule targets;
- Responsible for project setup including contracts, accounting requirements, and schedules; and
What you'll bring to A49...
- Professional Degree in architecture;
- Demonstrated experience working on large/medium scale projects;
- Minimum of 7 years professional experience working in a similar role;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- English / French bilingual capability preferred;
- AutoCAD/ BIM / Revit experience is preferred;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
Apply online: Position Description (taleo.net)