Protection Services Professional
Full-Time • Timmins Region
Salary Range: $40,000 - $60,000
· Valid Security Guard license
· Advanced First Aid CPR/AED
· Minimum 1 year related Mine site Security
· Minimum 1 years in a Supervisory role
· Strong proven leadership skills
· Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
· Strong written, verbal and customer service skills
· Strong work ethic
· Investigation skills
· Ability to respond and lead a team in urgent/critical issues
· Strong computer skills
· Supervisors training
· Customer Service Boomerang Training
· Strong proven time management skills
· Experience in Team scheduling
· Ability to work well with, train and lead a team of 12 or more
· Strong Human Resources and Labour Relations experience
· Willingness to participate in educational opportunities as presented by G4S or the client
Duties include but are not limited to:
- First point of escalation after hours in the event of schedule troubleshooting
- Strive to achieve team harmony through fairness and a standardized process by which there is recognition of underachievement and excellence equally.
- Responsible in ensuring team roles are being monitored and responsibilities are receiving follow up and establishing accountability.
- Responsible for monitoring training matrix and compliance and assisting in the scheduling and coordinating of future training programs.
- Support and align him/herself professionally with the client, G4S Branch Managers and the site services
- Participate in safety plan development for G4S and client staff as required and/or requested when circumstances arise
- Be responsible and accountable for input into performance reviews for G4S employees working on site
- Maintain knowledge and apply all “Workplace Violence Prevention Program” and all Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Be responsible for ensuring new staff is trained correctly using the most current training checklist. The Supervisor is responsible for monitoring the training checklists and ensures processes are being followed through.
- Recommend Performance Points for demonstrable actions by guards that reflect the mission, vision and values of LG and G4S Secure Solutions (Canada).
- Issue disciplinary action when and if required and provide information that is evidence based and unbiased.
- Be responsible and accountable for Security Services provision at both sites on each shift worked:
- Determine each Security guard’s suitability for shift as per the Dress and Deportment policy.
Hours: 12/hrs Rotation
How to Apply: forward intent with resume to:
Area Manager Timmins