Resident Care Assistant
Part-Time • Timmins Region
RESIDENT CARE ASSISTANT - Extendicare Timmins
Part Time Opportunity
Caring, customer service focused individuals are invited to apply for this exciting and new job opportunity to join our team at our 180 bed Long-Term Care Home located in Timmins, ON.
· Transport resident to onsite programming, dining room and internal appointments; accommodates residents’ right to choice.
· Performs tasks such as: cleaning spills; making beds and changing linens; maintain a clean, tidy and safe environment in the Home including the resident’s room; labelling of personal items; putting away personal laundry; disinfecting high touch surfaces and regularly organizing resident closets and drawers.
· Assists with nutrition and feeding, including but not limited to: distributing cloth protects for meal times; clearing dishes after meals; assisting with feeding of residents using an encouraging approach
· Assist resident with hand washing before and after meals.
· Collaborates with residents, families and team members to maintain a positive, supportive and safe environment for all
· Participates in Quality Improvement activities and advocates for the resident/family individual needs and preferences.
· Communicates positively and respectfully with other staff, residents and families
· Demonstrates empathy, concern and interest in providing quality customer service to residents
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Demonstrated experience and interest in working with a population of older adults
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to resident centered care
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Conditions of Employment
- Must have a completed Vulnerable Sector Check (within 6 months); and a current 2 step TB skin test (within a year). Must be fully vaccinated for Covid 19.
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of: Trevor Morden, Director of Care via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or Kelly Roy, Administrator email@example.com or by fax to 705-264-3500
Closing Date: November 15, 2021
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.