Residential Support Workers - Timmins
Contract • Timmins Region
The Canadian Mental Health Association – Cochrane Timiskaming Branch is currently recruiting Residential Support Workers to support individuals with serious mental health and addictions concerns who reside in CMHA-CT supportive residential housing.
The Residential Support Workers will aid and support individuals who may be in crisis or who are at risk of suicide, overdose, or other safety concerns when the Mental Health Workers are not available.
Residential Support Workers must be available for shift work.
· Post-secondary education in social sciences; Social Service Worker diploma at minimum;
· Knowledge and understanding of the complex issues related to addictions, mental illness, poverty, and homelessness, as well as the impact of social/cultural/economic factors on the determinants of health;
· Strong crisis and suicide intervention skills;
· Strong interpersonal and communications skills;
· The ability to engage and work with a broad age group of clients with diverse and complex concerns;
· The ability to provide services in French at an advanced level in accordance with the French-language Services Act.
Competition #: 2021-13
Employee Group: OPSEU Local 631
Status: Temporary Full-time and Temporary Part-time Positions
- $24.90 (2021 Scale)
Please send resumés to:
email@example.com and indicate in the subject line the competition number and job title.
Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation in accordance with the Human Rights Code or the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in order to properly participate.