Sample Prep Technician
Full-Time • Timmins Region
Levert Group is seeking an experienced Sample Prep Technician to work for one of our mining clients in Timmins, ON.
- Unpack, sort, transfer and dry samples
- Execute and perform crushing, pulverising and screening of geological materials as per Client Standard Operating Procedures.
- Conduct routine quality checks including particle size analysis, dust loss and report data immediately to the Supervisor or group leader if results are outside of acceptability parameters.
- Ensure that work order documentation is complete in every respect and QC results are entered into software.
- Maintain clean and organized workbench area ensuring spills are immediately cleaned; disposal is according to laboratory procedures including any special requirements for handling international soils.
- Ensure that equipment is maintained in good order making the Supervisor or group leader aware of any damaged or defective equipment or any equipment requiring adjustment i.e. pulverising time or crushers gapping.
- Keep all records and notebooks in good order including work order and equipment maintenance logs .
- High school Diploma.
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience required or equivalent experience through education.
- Strong analytical and mechanical skills
- Ability to perform routine bench tests
- A willingness to learn new analytical tests, instrumentation and procedures
- Must be able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
- Candidates must demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with others & independently.
- Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Works well under pressure.
While we thank all whom apply; only those selected for an interview may be contacted.
Qualified individuals with disabilities are entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with Levert Group. This includes assistance in completing the registration process (online or in the office). To discuss accommodations needed to apply for a job, please call Levert Group at 1-800-461-5934 and ask to speak with a Recruiter.