Full-Time • Timmins Region
Lake Shore Gold is located in Timmins, Ontario.
The Bell Creek Complex, located approximately 20 kilometers northeast of Timmins, Ontario, consists of an underground mine and processing facility. Mineralization is associated with the Porcupine-Destor fault system within the Abitibi greenstone belt, with ore mined by narrow vein longhole stoping methods. Ore is then transported to surface via a newly commissioned 1080m deep shaft at a mining rate of 2500 tpd.
The Timmins West mine is located approximately 18 kilometres west of Timmins, Ontario, one of the world’s most prolific gold camps. Mineralization is associated with the Porcupine-Destor fault system within the Abitibi greenstone belt. The Timmins West mine is comprised of the Timmins deposit, the Thunder Creek deposit, and the 144 Gap deposit. All three deposits are interconnected by underground drifts.
We are currently recruiting for: Scoop Operator
In this position, you will be responsible for mucking underground ore/waste material from various levels underground and loading haulage trucks.
Bell Creek Mine – Porcupine, Ontario
Timmins West Mine - Timmins, Ontario
- Previous underground experience is required
- Common core specialty modules U0068 Haulage Trackless and U0020 Operate Remote Scoop are required
- Practice good housekeeping
- Be committed to safety
- Basic UG Hard Rock Common Core is required
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada
Salary & Benefits
- Medical and Prescription
- Pension/RSP plan
- Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Wages
- Eligible for Mine/Mill Performance Plan Incentives
To express your interest in this position please forward your resume to:
Lake Shore Gold
P.O. Box 1067
We thank all candidates for their interest in Lake Shore Gold; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Lake Shore Gold is an equal opportunity employer.