Full-Time • Timmins Region
Service Manager ~ Timmins, Ontario
Reporting to the General Manager, the Service Manager will oversee the service team, working closely with the parts department to ensure clients experience an ideal level of customer service with respect to their equipment.
- Advise customers of necessary repair service, including estimate of costs involved
- Make recommendations to the customer for preventative maintenance requirements, including: proper care of equipment and regular maintenance requirements.
- Arrange for control of each service job and the proper account for pre-delivery service or used goods reconditioning.
- Handle warranty claims including computation of charges for service work
- Handle customer complaints and order re-work when justified for proper repair.
- Assumes responsibility for prompt reconditioning of trade-in equipment.
- Keeps up to date with all bulletins and service information received by the dealership and assignments.
- Informs service personnel regarding such information as it concerns their individual
- Maintains a library of service manuals, bulletins, and other service publications for service use.
- Ensure that new machines and machines going out on demonstration are clean and in “ready warranty to go" condition, and that follow-up service is conducted as required and in line with factory
- Coordinate with product support manager training programs and service meeting with customers.
- Periodically evaluate the performance of the service department.
- Work closely with parts department personnel to ensure that parts required are available.
- Make recommendations regarding the purchase of service vehicles, and maintain the fleet.
- Coordinate with the sales department in evaluating used equipment for trade-ins.
- Set up, plan and execute training sessions for sales, parts, service, and customers on the new product line as required.
- Follow-up with the sales department on customer equipment maintenance and operations.
- Develop and maintain a culture of customer service excellence through effective training, supervision, coaching and performance management.
- Recruit, develop, motivate and hold accountable service team that will meet established objectives and targets for sales and profitability.
- Maintain quality workmanship through uniform inspection guidelines.
- Monitor and improve the productivity of a team composed of service advisors, technicians, installers and apprentices through leadership, motivation and effective scheduling.
- Ensure that work is assigned in keeping with team skill levels, customer waiting times and the availability of parts and equipment.
- Maintain service department presentation through daily inspections.
- Promote service safety and security procedures and ensure compliance
- Control maintenance functions.
- Adhere to the operating budget.
Health and Safety
- Performs new employee orientation.
- Conducts employee-training sessions on WHMIS, lockout/tag out. Pre-use inspections, job hazard awareness, personal protective equipment operating procedures and instructions.
- Conducts monthly workplace inspections.
- Performs accident investigations for all work-related illnesses and injuries.
- Responds to and corrects unsafe acts.
- Enforces employee compliance regarding the company’s policies and procedures as defined in the health and safety program.
- Initiates performance counseling and take disciplinary action for non-compliance in matters related to health and safety as defined in the health and safety program.
- Keeps the General Manager appraised on any conditions or practices in the workplace that may pose a hazard to a worker.
- Make recommendations for improvements to health and safety in the workplace.
- Mechanic’s license or equivalent experience in the heavy equipment service industry.
- Valid driver’s license for the province of employment.
- Ability to provide professional customer service and employee support.
- Ability to lead and manage teams to achieve common goals in a multi-shift environment.
- Ability to maintain composure and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Superior communication skills.