Social Worker (#167-22)
Contract • Timmins Region
JOB POSTING #167-22
POSTING DATE: August 11, 2022
JOB TITLE: Social Worker – Temporary, Full-Time
INITIAL ASSIGNMENT: In-Home (TI IH SW-001)
BARGAINING AGENT: OPSEU
LANGUAGE(S): English and French
EFFECTIVE DATE: October 31, 2022 to December 1, 2023
Home and Community Care Support Services North East offers a wide-range of quality health-care services and resources to support people of all ages at home, school or in community. In addition to planning, delivering and coordinating care for thousands of people each day in Northeastern Ontario, we also manage eligibility and admissions to long-term care homes, short stay respite, assisted living, and adult day programs. We need caring, motivated people who are driven to help others and make difference in their community, to join our multi-disciplinary team.
The Social Worker is responsible for the provision of social work services to Home and Community Care Support Services North East patients, in order to achieve optimum psycho-social functioning, prevent unnecessary deterioration, and promote patient independence.
· Registered Social Worker in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW);
· Relevant social work experience in a community/health care environment;
· Comprehensive knowledge of social work interventions, practice methods, and professional skills;
· Knowledge of other community resources, funding agencies, treatment centers, social service networks, and organizations;
· Good understanding of the roles of other health care professionals;
· Up-to-date knowledge of social work theories, practices, and procedures;
· Ability to prioritize professional duties and manage caseload in a time efficient manner;
· Strong interpersonal skills;
· Effective listening, observation, and facilitation skills;
· Strong mediation, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills to respond or assist in emergency situations;
· Working knowledge of computer software (email, internet) and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook);
· Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle;
· Advanced oral and written proficiency in English and French is essential.
Home and Community Care Support Services North East is an equal opportunity employer. Personal information submitted will be used only for the purpose of determining suitability for this vacancy.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should advise the recruitment contact so arrangements can be made.
Interested persons are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by e-mail to:
Please refer to posting number 167-22 when applying.
Home and Community Care Support Services has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy across the province that requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Applicants being considered for employment will be required to provide proof of vaccination documentation confidentially to Human Resources upon hire. Any medical or human rights exemption requests will be reviewed and validated prior to an offer of employment.