Full-Time • Timmins Region
The Porcupine Dante Club is currently looking to recruit a Sous Chef for its banquet halls, authentic Italian restaurant and conference centre.
The Sous Chef will assist the Lead Chef in managing a successful kitchen with strong leadership, creativity and excellent communication skills. We are looking for a professional who is dedicated to food quality and sets high standards for their output. Apply today if you can bring excellent culinary skills and high energy to this exciting opportunity.
· Able to work independently as well as under the guidance of the Lead Chef;
· Assumes responsibility and leads the kitchen team during Lead Chef absences;
· Provides guidance to kitchen staff members, including, but not limited to, line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating;
· Ensure all staff members adhere to culinary standards and regulations;
· Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards;
· Works with Lead Chef to maintain kitchen organization, staff ability and training opportunities;
· Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimises waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns;
· Monitor and manage order, service, quality, health and safety and cleanliness in the kitchen;
· Familiar with industry’s best practices;
· Ability to multi-task and remain calm in a fast-paced work environment;
· Culinary experience in a high-volume, full-service restaurant or banquet facility would be an asset;
· Food handler’s certificate;
· Strong communication skills;
· Strong team member and team leader;
· High level of creativity and reliability;
· Strong organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail;
· Creative problem solving;
· Flexible schedule required;
· Be able to work under pressure and manage more than one food event and operation of the restaurant at the same time;
The Porcupine Dante Club offers a competitive wage, benefits and an opportunity for advancement, and strives to develop a great team that is committed to providing guests with a superb experience every time.
Please send resumes to Dominic Flaminio at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 24th, 2019.