Full-Time • Timmins Region
- Are you a true leader with a personal vision and a big-picture mindset?
- Does working with an experienced team to create high quality custom solutions for clients using innovative technologies and alternate delivery methods excite you?
- Are you a resourceful, dynamic, and driven structural engineer with at least 8 years of experience in the design and construction of steel, concrete and/or wood structures?
- Have you ever considered leading your own practice, but worried that the amount of time and resources needed would be overwhelming?
If you scored 4 for 4, JLR has a home for you! We’ve opened roles in our Northern offices for a talented, entrepreneurial person to build and grow two of JLR’s key business markets – Industrial & Mining, and Buildings. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Standard Canadian Best Managed, 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in a variety of sectors, while you help to bring on new clients and service existing ones through the delivery of world-class solutions.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee-owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means joining a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, planning, and energy systems professionals and support staff. You will have the opportunity to help establish new clients and partner with existing ones to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you are innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Choose your own adventure! Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role will include:
- Design, internal coordination, project management, and contract administration during construction of industrial, institutional, and commercial projects, from concept to completion;
- Leading the development of competitive proposals to secure new assignments; and
- Working with an established, multi-disciplinary, integrated technical team of engineers, technologists, and support staff to carry out studies, develop design documents, and provide services during construction.
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breath, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We’re growing our presence in southwestern Ontario and all along the Great lakes, we’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the National Capital and Kingston regions and we love Northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural world. Also:
- We’re 100% employee-owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels;
- We offer opportunities to become an Associate level member and earn even greater rewards;
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working;
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative and an “open-door” policy where communication is strongly encouraged;
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration – we have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multi-disciplinary projects;
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type;
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually;
- Health & dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately;
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance; and
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (annual “prom”, golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
Want to get more insight before you apply? Have an informal chat with Laura Grover, P.Eng., Executive Director; Senior Structural Engineer, Brent Whaley, P.Eng., LEED AP, Senior Consultant or Matthew Burtt P.Eng. Manager, Ottawa Structural Department.
Interested in our Structural projects? Check out the expansion work we did for the Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport; or our design work for the structural components at the Gold Mine Concentrator Facility (Mill); or the Vale Living with Lakes Centre where we collaborated with internationally recognized scientists with expertise in protecting and restoring industrially damaged ecosystems to inform the building’s design.
Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.