Full-Time • Timmins Region
Interpaving Limited is a privately held company which specializes in a diverse range of work in Civil Infrastructure including: road & pipe construction, aggregate production, concrete production, and hot mix asphalt production, equipment rentals, and construction management. Here at Interpaving Limited, we offer steady employment with a competitive compensation package based on experience.
Our growing team continuously seeks hard working and talented individuals who will have a positive impact to the construction community. We are currently seeking to have a Surveyor join our team.
Join our team and take part in building something you will be proud of.
The successful candidate will possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below.
- Two (2) years of related experience
- Education: Engineering or Surveying Technician / Technology, or equivalent field experience.
- Ability to use tools and equipment required to perform the work
- Ability to handle weight up to 45kg (100lbs)
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System and best practices within areas of responsibility.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver's licence, have an acceptable driving record as well as having a means of transportation.
- Technical Civil / Earthworks / Water & Sewer construction knowledge, surveying and analytical skills
- Time management and strategic planning
- Ability to work in a team environment and build strong working relationships with coworkers, clients, suppliers, and sub-trades.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast paced environment.
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, multi-tasking and ability to communicate information to team
- Understanding of construction plans and specifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of surveying software (such as AutoCAD, Word, Excel) and equipment (GPS, Laser Level, total station)
- Plan and conduct layout by establishing baselines, elevations, and other geodetic measurements from project plans, bench marks and specifications, that will be transferred onto the construction site
- Clearly mark critical points and elevations on job-site in order to construct accordingly
- Adjust surveying instruments in order to maintain their accuracy
- Establish fixed points for use in layout using geodetic and engineering instruments.
- Determine longitudes and latitudes of important features and boundaries in survey areas, transits, levels, and satellite-based global positioning systems (GPS)
- Train assistants and helpers, and direct their work in such activities as performing surveys
- Perform topographic surveys, create and analyze quantity data
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of Interpaving Limited Health & Safety Policy Program.
- Monitor, service, and document the equipment logs and inspection as per the preventative maintenance and standard requirements.
- Perform other related duties as required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Job Type: Full-time