Full-Time • Timmins Region
The Nuna Group of Companies is now accepting resumes for Surveyor(s) with large earthworks and construction projects experience.
Nuna is the largest Inuit-owned heavy civil construction, earthworks and mine construction contractor in Canada.
Nuna is a highly regarded civil construction company with hundreds of employees working across the Arctic and Northern Canada. Working often in remote locations, Nuna offers unique on-the-job experience and opportunity to build an exciting career. Our multi-disciplined teams provide a comprehensive array of services and innovative solutions to the most challenging and remote sites in northern Canada. Nuna's core values of: Safety - Integrity - Teamwork - Respect for Cultural Diversity and for Community & Environment; reflect our reputation as a safe, cost-effective and innovative operator in the north.
These positions are located on our project site located in Northern Ontario, Gogama region.
The Surveyor is responsible for the layout and as-built of all earthworks activities on site, as well as processing and management of all received design data, and collected as-built data. This position utilizes industry standard survey equipment, such and Topcon or Trimble GPS and Total Stations in conjunction with AutoCAD and Carlson Civil Software to provide project engineers and managers with a clear understanding of site topography, geology, and obstacles, and conducts regular surveys during the life of the project to ensure design parameters are maintained and up to date.
- Maintain grade elevations and set grade stakes to guide equipment operators;
- Observe excavating activities to verify conformance to construction design;
- Perform topographic surveys to determine volume quantities;
- Calculate elevations and measurements from drawings and specifications;
- Assist with exploration programs by laying out survey grids, drill hole locations, and claims boundaries
- Performs reconnaissance of the site prior to commencing work in order to identify the most suitable locations, establishing reference locations for the foreman, superintendents and trades to build from
- Reviews and updates all drawings that relate to the survey for completeness, consistency and feasibility of layout to ensure that all dimensions between corresponding drawings agree
- Operates and maintains surveying equipment and ensures there is a supply of all surveying materials available on site
- Prepares documentation of all surveying activities performed
- Provides quality control by checking for accuracy at all control points, benchmarks, gridlines, survey marks, elevations and stakeout points. Will also monitor the site for correct elevations and locations.
- Assist with conducting quantity calculations as required
· Proficient with RTK GPS and Robotic Total Station, Carson Civil and AutoCAD programs, rod and level, laser level. Experience with Topcon is considered an asset.
· Clear understanding of survey, blueprint reading, and GPS equipment and troubleshooting.
· Finish grade experience to standard specification tolerances with sub-grade and aggregate placement.
· Geomatics/Survey Technology Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution;
Certified Engineering Technician (CET) or Certified Survey Technician (CST) preferred.
· 2-5 years of survey experience in high-end construction layout services, boundary surveys, topographic surveys, control surveys, and monitoring surveys
· Proficiency with the various Microsoft Office applications
· Able to work at our remote worksites on a rotational basis.
· Previous experience working on site in Northern Canada is considered an Asset.
Rotation: Rotation are expected to be 2 weeks in / 2 weeks out; 12-hour shifts
Rate: Competitive hourly rate with Overtime, Full benefits including Company RRSP,
Flights and camp provided. Rotation incentives also provided.
Nuna is committed to the principle of employment equity. We welcome diversity and encourage all who are qualified to express their interest.
Interested applicants are asked to apply online at http://nunalogistics.com/jobs.html
Or email: email@example.com
We thank all who apply but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.