TEMPORARY FULL-TIME GIS TECHNICIAN (Community & Development Services Department – Planning Division) (Competition No.: CDS-2019-12) (Approximately One-Year Term)
Contract • Timmins Region
Under the direction of the Manager of Planning, the Geographical Information System (GIS) Technician co-ordinates the day-to-day administration of the City’s GIS program. Although the primary focus of this position is to provide GIS related support and research to the Planning Division, the GIS Technician is also expected to provide similar support to other City Departments and external clients as required.
• Map property searches, reference plans and plans of subdivision of City maps and master plans
• Assign and monitor civic addresses for the E911 area and new developments
• Draft amendments to schedules of the official plan and zoning by-law
• Plot properties on official plan and zoning schedules as requested
• Prepare and plot custom maps upon request
• Draw site plans and conduct associated spatial analysis using AutoCAD
• Provide property specific and other spatial information to the public and other external clients
• Provide GIS training and support for other City Departments
• Maintain the parcel fabric by input, edit and verify data to the GIS
• Assist with administering and tracking GIS data sharing agreements and associated databases
• Conduct research and data collection; interpret plans, photos and maps
• Other related duties as assigned
• A College Diploma in Geomatics or GIS or a related discipline or a combination of education and experience acceptable to the Employer
• Minimum of three (3) years of GIS experience, preferably in a municipal government setting
• Demonstrated computer skills in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to interpret plans, maps, specification and other relevant data
• Knowledge of survey and land title system
• Knowledge of planning terminology, practices and techniques
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Salary Band Level 6: $26.78 - $31.45 (2019)
(In accordance with CUPE Local 434 Agreement)
All applications must be received in the Human Resources Department by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date of August 23, 2019.
BY MAIL: 220 Algonquin Blvd. East, Timmins, ON P4N 1B3
HAND DELIVERY: 236 Algonquin Blvd. East, 2nd Floor, Timmins, ON P4N 1B2
VIA FAX: 705-360-2685
VIA E-MAIL: email@example.com
Although we may have your application on file, you must re-apply for this specific competition.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. The City of Timmins is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. The City of Timmins will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Pour de l’information en français, veuillez appeler le 360-2600, poste 2312.