TEMPORARY FULL TIME MECHANIC (LICENSED) (Timmins Transit) (Competition No.: CDS–2021-06)
Casual / Temporary • Timmins Region
Timmins Transit’s mission is “To excel in the provision of a safe, reliable, efficient and customer service focused public transportation system”. As a transit mechanic you play a key role in providing this service. Under the supervision of the Transit Mechanical Supervisor you will work with a team of proud trade persons to maintain municipally owned transit buses and vehicles.
An ideal candidate for Transit Mechanic must meet the following:
• Possess a current Ontario Truck and Coach Certificate
• Applicants must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License
• Minimum 3-5 years related experience
• Should have mechanical knowledge of buses and/or coaches
• Ability to rebuild components such as engines, transmissions and overhauling of equipment
• Must have knowledge of hydraulics and diagnostic ability
• Basic computer skills with the ability to work with a computerized maintenance management system and electronic diagnostic equipment
• Current Automotive Service Technician Certificate an asset
• Knowledge of repairs of HVAC systems an asset
• Current WHMIS certificate an asset
Rate of Pay: $32.64 per hour (2021) In accordance with CUPE Local 1544 Agreement
All applications must be received in the Human Resources Department by 4:00 pm on the closing date of July 30, 2021.
VIA FAX: 705-360-2685
VIA EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Although we may have your application on file, you must re-apply for this specific competition.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. The City of Timmins is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. The City of Timmins will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Pour de l’information en français, veuillez appeler le 360-2600, poste 2312.