TEMPORARY FULL-TIME TAX CLERK (Financial Services) (Competition No.: FIN-2019-09)
Contract • Timmins Region
Under the direction of the Chief Tax Collector:
- Call ratepayers concerning past due balances, payment arrangement plans, etc.
- Typing of correspondence including statement of unpaid taxes, water accounts, pre-authorized payment plan, tax certificate invoices, etc.
- Ensure computer data is accurate and up-to-date re: mailing address, mortgage updates, change of ownership, etc.
- Processing of electronic data interchange bank files and preauthorized withdrawal plans
- Scanning of documentation as required
- Provide information to lawyers, realtors, banks and lienholders on tax/water billings, legal descriptions and ownership
- Participate in and support the City’s Continuous Improvement Program (CIP), by identifying opportunities for improvements in City processes with the aim of making processes as efficient as possibe
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Two-year Community College Diploma in Business Administration or a combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer
- Minimum 1 year experience in similar position
- Accounting knowledge and mathematical ability an asset
- Working knowledge of Word & Excel
- Working knowledge of Laserfiche
- Experience in using integrated software modules an asset
- Efficient data entry skills
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Current and clear Criminal Background Check is required.
Salary: Level 3 - $22.85 to $26.88
(In accordance with CUPE Local 434 Agreement)
All applications must be received in the Human Resources Department by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date of December 13, 2019.
BY MAIL: 220 Algonquin Blvd. East, Timmins, ON P4N 1B3
HAND DELIVERY: ???236 Algonquin Blvd. East, 2nd Floor, Timmins, ON P4N 1B2
VIA FAX: 705-360-2685
VIA E-MAIL: email@example.com
Phone: 705-360-2628 www.timmins.ca
Although we may have your application on file, you must re-apply for this specific competition.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. The City of Timmins is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. The City of Timmins will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Pour de l’information en français, veuillez appeler le 360-2600, poste 2312.