TEMPORARY PART-TIME ADULT DAY CARE WORKER (Golden Manor Home for the Aged) (Maternity Leave Replacement) (Competition No.: GM-2021-23)
Casual / Temporary • Timmins Region
• Responsible to the Community Home Support Supervisor
• Assess the functional level of clients and assist clients as required to ensure full participation in programs
• Develop and implement recreational activities/programs conducive to individuals who are cognitively impaired, physically frail, and socially isolated
• Evaluate recreational activities/programs on an ongoing basis
• Maintain client files
• Monitor and document clients’ behaviour, needs, moods, etc and modify programs to meet the clients needs
• Assist clients with their activities of daily living, including eating, toileting, transfers and medications
• Provide support to caregivers as required
• Minimum Diploma or Degree in recreation, gerontology or activation
• Previous work experience with the senior population
• Gentle Persuasive Approach training and Montessori training considered an asset
• Good working knowledge of the ageing process, Alzheimer’s disease and other dementia
• Programming skills
• Analytical skills to assess clients’ needs, functional level and ability to participate in program activities
• Ability to multi-task, set priorities and evaluate therapeutic programs
• Excellent interpersonal verbal communication skills
• Excellent writing skills
• Good computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Physically able to carry out the duties of the job
• Bilingualism an asset
• Current and clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
• Ability to adhere to all infection prevention and control protocols and screening requirements
• Must comply with COVID-19 immunization directives as per the Ministry of Long-Term Care
SALARY: $22.09 - $23.00 per hour (2020)
In accordance with CUPE Local 1140 Agreement
All applications must be received in the Human Resources Department by 4:00 pm on the closing date of September 24, 2021.
VIA FAX: 705-360-2685
VIA E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 705-360-2628 www.timmins.ca
Although we may have your application on file, you must re-apply for this specific competition.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. The City of Timmins is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. The City of Timmins will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Pour de l’information en français, veuillez appeler le 360-2600, poste 2312.