TEMPORARY PARTS CLERK (Public Works Department) (Competition No.: PWE-2018-16)
Contract • Timmins Region
To provide temporary coverage from December 2017 to August 2018. Mostly nightshift coverage during the winter snow removal and during the spring season street sweeping, some weekend coverage during winter storms and some dayshift coverage during the summer vacations.
- Purchasing parts and material.
- Shipping, receiving and storing of goods.
- Pick-up and delivery of parts.
- Parts acquisition: Includes looking up part numbers, comparing prices, contacting appropriate suppliers, issuing parts and expediting to insure prompt deliveries.
- Maintain a computerized maintenance management system for warehousing.
- Coordinate service calls via two way radio communication.
- Share housekeeping duties with the other Stockroom employees.
- Grade 12 education or equivalency required.
- Above average computer skills with experience utilizing a computerized maintenance management system.
- Past experience working in a garage setting dealing with heavy duty equipment, heavy duty trucks and light automotive vehicles must be an asset.
- Proven experience in purchasing, inventory control and shipping and receiving.
- Working knowledge of suppliers and locations.
- Valid class G driver’s license with proof of a good driving record.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job.
- Self-motivator and needs to have good people and communications skills.
- Well oriented with the Health and Safety of a garage environment.
- Forklift operator certificate would be an asset.
SALARY LEVEL 2: $21.22 to $24.97 (2018)
In accordance with CUPE Local 434 Agreement
All applications must be received in the Human Resources Office by the closing date of September 28, 2018.
BY MAIL: 220 Algonquin Boulevard East Timmins, ON P4N 1B3
HAND DELIVERY: 236 Algonquin Boulevard East, 2nd Floor, Timmins, ON P4N 1B2
VIA FAX: 705-360-2685
VIA EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”
“Although we may have your application on file, you must
re-apply for this specific competition.”
“Pour de l’information en français, veuillez appeler le 360-2600, poste 2312.”
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER