TEMPORARY SKILLED LABOURERS (ARENA MAINTENANCE) (Maintenance Department) (Competition No.: CDS-2021-07)
Seasonal • Timmins Region
Under the supervision of the Arena/Parks/Recreation Supervisor perform any combination of the following duties:
• Janitorial cleaning tasks, sweeping, mopping and washing floors, walls, sinks, washroom units, etc.
• Shoveling of snow to clear ice surface, building entrances/exits and parking lot pathways
• Operate ice resurfacing machine and edger to maintain proper ice level, cleaning and smoothing ice surface
• Install and maintain ice surface logos, lines etc by replacement paper or painting process
• observe changes in refrigeration plant operation readings and be capable of making necessary adjustments
• Perform basic preventative repairs to electrical, plumbing, carpentry and mechanical problems
• Assist in the controlling of the public and users in the arena and other parts of the building for orderly movement and prevention of acts of vandalism
• Set up and dismantle equipment, materials and supplies for special events both summer and winter
• Perform other related duties
• Grade 12 education or equivalency
• Applicant must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License, Class “G”, DZ preferred
• Demonstrated ability in the use of hand and electrical tools
• Demonstrated ability in electrical, plumbing, mechanical and carpentry repairs
• Ability to operate and maintain several types of small engine machinery
• Shift work is necessary
• Ability to communicate effectively with the public
• Knowledge of basic refrigeration and ice resurfacing an asset
• Current and clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screen
• Current WHMIS Certificate
RATE OF PAY: $27.63 per hour (2021 rate) (In accordance with CUPE Local 210 Agreement)
All applications must be received in the Human Resources Department by 4:00 pm on the closing date of July 30, 2021.
VIA FAX: 705-360-2685
VIA E-MAIL: email@example.com
Phone: 705-360-2628 www.timmins.ca
Although we may have your application on file, you must re-apply for this specific competition.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. The City of Timmins is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. The City of Timmins will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Pour de l’information en français, veuillez appeler le 360-2600, poste 2312.