Part-Time • Timmins Region
Employment Opportunity- Timmins
NORCAT is a not-for-profit incorporated company based in Sudbury, Ontario with offices in Timmins Thunder Bay, Onaping, Toronto and South America. NORCAT is an international leader in skilled labour training and development, serves as the global “one-stop shop” for all that is the future of mining technology, and works with community partners to help start and accelerate the growth of innovative companies that will drive future economic and social prosperity for Canada. NORCAT is redefining the future of training and development with the deployment of experiential equipment simulation training and virtual reality and augmented reality based training. At NORCAT, we’re focused on helping our clients and partners develop skills for the future. NORCAT is growing and looking for talented self-motivated people to join its dynamic team.
Reporting to the Manager of Training and Development, Timmins, the Trainer will administer various training programs offered by NORCAT.
- Facilitate the
delivery of mine skills / health and safety programming. Courses include but are
not limited to:
- Working at Heights
- Train the Trainer
- Supervisor Common Core
- Surface Miner Common Core
- JHSC Part 1 and Part 2
- Participate in the development and continuous improvement of current and new training material
- Other duties as required
Experience, Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of three to five years of facilitation/ training experience
- Five or more years of working experience in surface and/or underground mining operations
- Certificate in a ‘Train the Trainer’ program would be an asset
- Strong leadership, multi-tasking and communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook
- Travel within Canada is required
- Ability to travel internationally is an asset
- Bilingualism is an asset
NORCAT thanks all those who apply, however, only those deemed most suitable for this position will be contacted.
NORCAT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Submit résumé to https://jobs.norcat.org