Full-Time • Timmins Region
Levert Group is seeking an experienced underground GEOLOGIST for work with one of our mining clients in Timmins, ON.
The Underground Production Geologist will be responsible to collect, process, compile and interpret geological information and will communicate with and direct underground production crews. The position will provide support for the Mining Department, the Engineering department, underground operation diamond drilling, reserve/resource calculations and for data management.
- Expedite all geological duties in the underground operation.
- Give geological support to the underground operation, working closely with the mining supervision and operators.
- Perform grade control including the sampling and monitoring of mining areas, assay validation, data entry, grade estimation, presentation of results and support to production in the most efficient method for the extraction of both ore and waste.
- Maintaining of data bases for production and reconciliation purposes.
- Relate ground control conditions and other geologically related issues.
- Continual improvement of existing processes in both grade and ground control.
- Layout drill programs in order to better define minable ore reserves.
- Generate Block models.
- Provide current geological information and 3D models to the Engineering Department as required for planning purposes.
- Assist in the coordination of underground diamond drill hole programs.
- Assist in the calculation of reserves and resources.
- Identify areas of interest for potential exploration targets.
- Bachelor of Science in Geology or a recognized Geological Technicians diploma
- Registration as a Professional Geoscientist or eligibility for such registration would be an asset
- 5 years’ experience, of which three should be in a mining environment. Some of this should be in an underground mine with exposure to technical computing.
- Proven leadership capabilities as you will be guiding the production department and making decisions with regards to production activities as required.
- Innovative and a proven ability to work with others.
- Focused on results.
- Strong knowledge of mining processes and of company and regulatory safety standards and procedures.
While we thank all whom apply; only those selected for an interview may be contacted.
Qualified individuals with disabilities are entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with Levert Group. This includes assistance in completing the registration process (online or in the office). To discuss accommodations needed to apply for a job, please call Levert Group at 1-800-461-5934 and ask to speak with a Recruiter.