Underground Mine Engineer (EIT)
Full-Time • Timmins Region
Lake Shore Gold is located in Timmins, Ontario.
The Timmins West mine is located approximately 18 kilometres west of Timmins, Ontario, one of the world’s most prolific gold camps. Mineralization is associated with the Porcupine-Destor fault system within the Abitibi greenstone belt. The Timmins West mine is comprised of the Timmins deposit, the Thunder Creek deposit, and the 144 Gap deposit. All three deposits are interconnected by underground drifts.
We are currently recruiting for: Engineer in Training (EIT) for underground Operations
In this role, you will assist in the underground operations to gain practical experience. The successful candidate will be given their common core and will be trained in various positions underground. This will involve a minimum of one year working with the underground operations and you will only be integrated into the engineering department as positions become available.
Location: Timmins West Mine, Timmins, Ontario.
5-5-4 rotation, 10 hour shifts
• Must have a Mine Engineering degree
• Open to recent graduates only (of a Mine Engineering program)
• Previous experience would be considered an asset
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada
Salary & Benefits
- Medical and Prescription
- Pension/RSP plan
- Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Wages
- Eligible for Mine/Mill Performance Plan Incentives
To express your interest in this position please forward your resume to:
Lake Shore Gold
P.O. Box 1067
We thank all candidates for their interest in Lake Shore Gold; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Lake Shore Gold is an equal opportunity employer.