Utility Locate/Coordinator (Public Works Department) (Competition No.: PWE-2021-09)
Full-Time • Timmins Region
Under the direction of the Public Works Manager, the Utility Locate Coordinator is responsible carrying out underground utility locates and managing requests. In the months from November to April the incumbent will be part of the winter highway patrol group managing the Winter Highway Operations (may be required to work rotating shifts days and nights)
• Perform utility locates for City of Timmins Street Light and Traffic Light underground infrastructure
• Receive, track and close out underground locate requests from Ontario One Call as per there requirements
• Update underground infrastructure mapping and plans on the Cities GIS system
• Assist in the underground locate requests for Water, Sewer and Storm Infrastructure as work load dictates
• Provide coverage for the Utility Coordinator in the managing of street occupancy permits and utility cuts
• Conduct and document annual street light inspections
• Conduct winter road patrols and dispatch winter maintenance contractor as part of the Winter Highway Patrol group during the winter (November to April)
• Minimum two (2) year College diploma in Civil Engineering Technician Program with C. Tech Designation or currently pursuing C. Tech designation or equivalent experience
• Successful completion of the ORCGA Damage Prevention Technician training course
• Successful completion of OGRA Winter Snow School and/or AORS Winter Operations Program
• Previous experience in related municipal service construction, inspection or underground utility locating
• Knowledge of the Ontario Minimum Maintenance Standards (O.Reg 239), The Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act, and the Ontario Provincial Standards and Specifications (OPSS)
• Must have working knowledge of various types of utility infrastructure, installation methods, and maintenance/construction practices
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgement and use tact and diplomacy
• Must be able to work independently and as part as a multi-faceted team
• Working knowledge of MS office products is essential, ability to operate hand held GPS data collector
• Working Knowledge of underground line locating equipment
• Possesses a valid Ontario ‘G’ Driver’s License in good standing with a reliable vehicle for business purposes
• Clear and current Criminal Record Check
SALARY LEVEL 205: $65,437 - $78,562 (2021)
Applications must be received in the Human Resources Department by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date of April 16, 2021.
BY MAIL: 220 Algonquin Blvd. East Timmins, ON P4N 1B3
VIA FAX: 705-360-2685
VIA E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph.: 705-360-2628 www.timmins.ca
Although we may have your application on file, you must re-apply for this specific competition.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. The City of Timmins is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. The City of Timmins will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Pour de l’information en français, veuillez appeler le 360-2600, poste 2312.