Full-Time • Timmins Region
Lake Shore Gold is located in Timmins, Ontario, a vibrant community of 45,000 residents that is a central hub for Northeastern Ontario. In Timmins, people can enjoy recreational activities such as camping, world class fishing, nature, and snowmobile trails. Direct flights to Toronto are available at the local airport via multiple carriers. There are many support networks in the community including the local Timmins and District Hospital, local sports leagues for children and adults (hockey, baseball, basketball, etc.), golf courses, both cross country and downhill ski resorts, a community pool, and many other community events that provide entertainment throughout the year (fairs, carnivals, concerts, etc.).
The Bell Creek Complex, located approximately 20 kilometers northeast of Timmins, Ontario, consists of an underground mine and processing facility. Mineralization is associated with the Porcupine-Destor fault system within the Abitibi greenstone belt, with ore mined by narrow vein longhole stoping methods. Ore is then transported to surface via a modern one thousand eighty metre deep shaft capable of forty-eight hundred tonnes per day.
We are currently recruiting for: Welder
In this position, you will be welding and fabricating multiple supports, enclosures and structures. Welding on stainless, Aluminum and steel in all positions. Remove and install pressed bushings and measure bores to determine proper size for reusability or align boring needs. Gouge and repair cracks or lance out pins on heavy equipment and multiple guards and covers, rebuild various components used on heavy equipment. Work with the technicians with repairs on heavy equipment and work in an underground setting or outdoor as required.
Salary & Benefits
• Competitive Wages
• Medical and Prescription Benefits
• Dental Plan
• Vision Coverage
• Company Paid Pension Plan
• Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
• Long Term Disability Coverage
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid Vacation
• Mine/Mill Performance Plan Incentives
• Perfect Attendance Rewards
• Paid Pregnancy and Parental Leave
Location (Bell Creek)
Rotation/Schedule (5-2 Monday to Friday, 8 hour shifts)
• Must be CWB certified all position welding for Stick and Wire feed welding.
• A post-secondary diploma in a maintenance related field
• Minimum of three years’ experience repairing air operated equipment
• Minimum 3 years’ experience servicing and repairing raise climbing equipment
• Raise climber training would be considered an asset
• Practice good housekeeping
• Be committed to safety
• Basic UG Hard Rock Common Core
• Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada
To express your interest in this position please forward your resume to:
Lake Shore Gold
P.O. Box 1067
Lake Shore Gold is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and all aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business requirements. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.