Welder - Fitter
Full-Time • Timmins Region
Welder / Fitter
As a Welder / Fitter, you’ll apply appropriate welding processes to join, surface, fabricate, and repair parts of metal or other weldable materials according to layouts, work orders, blueprints, schematics, and sketches using manual, automatic welding, and/or semi-automatic welding equipment.
1. Lays out, fits, and welds fabricated, cast, and forged components to assemble structural forms, such as machinery frames, tanks, furnace shells, and building and bridge parts, according to blueprints and knowledge of welding and metallurgy: Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly, and welding, applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage, and welding techniques
2. Lays out, positions, aligns, and fits components together.
3. Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
4. May assemble parts by bolting and riveting.
5. May repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts, using cutting torch, straightening press, and handtools, and be designated Welder, Structural Repair.
6. Operate specialized equipment and/or understand complex drawings and diagrams
- Perform welding duties using GMAW on FCAW.
- Ability to understand welding symbols and diagrams, read blueprints, and/or other printed instructional material in the welding of products or parts.
- Weld steel components with welding equipment as specified by layouts, engineering drawings, work orders, or verbal instructions.
- Must be able to weld in various positions.
- Work includes set-up, laying out work using jigs/fixtures or hand layouts to fabricate parts and/or rework finished products.
- Work with fitters or fitters/welders to assist in the fabrication or welding of multi-component parts.
· High School Diploma or GED a plus
- Minimum 2 – 4 years’ experience
- Must posses valid CWB ticket in GMAW or FCAW (or be eligible to pass).
- Availability for 1stand 2ndshift
- Familiar with a variety of welder concepts, practices and procedures.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with welding equipment such as torches, torch tips, and Air Arc
- Must know welding symbols
· Basic math skills with ability to read tape measure
- Must know how to use temperature sticks and welding fillet gauges
- Ability to weld with flux core and metal core wire
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures (sometimes due to season)
- Overhead and Jib crane experience
- Ability to work OT when requested
- Must maintain good attendance and be punctual