Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Full-Time • Timmins Region
Lake Shore Gold is located in Timmins, Ontario.
The Timmins West mine is located approximately 18 kilometres west of Timmins, Ontario, one of the world’s most prolific gold camps. Mineralization is associated with the Porcupine-Destor fault system within the Abitibi greenstone belt. The Timmins West mine is comprised of the Timmins deposit, the Thunder Creek deposit, and the 144 Gap deposit. All three deposits are interconnected by underground drifts.
In this position, you will safely and efficiently perform maintenance activities to preserve the condition of the mobile heavy equipment fleet in all areas of the mine: troubleshooting, cleaning, lubricating, adjusting, inspecting, repairing, component replacement & rebuild, welding, fabrication and low voltage electrical repairs of heavy equipment.
Timmins West Mine - Timmins, Ontario
- Practice good housekeeping
- Be committed to safety
- Red Seal Mechanical Certification
- Five (5) years’ experience in an industrial setting
- Experience in a mining environment and welding certification are considered assets
- Basic UG Hard Rock Common Core
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive Wages
- Medical and Prescription Benefits
- Dental Plan
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation
- Eligible for Mine/Mill Performance Plan Incentives
- Perfect Attendance Rewards
To express your interest in this position please forward your resume to:
Lake Shore Gold
P.O. Box 1067
We thank all candidates for their interest in Lake Shore Gold; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Lake Shore Gold is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and all aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business requirements.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent